Tandem Bikes and random celebs

Do rock stars eat donuts?

Well, I do.

I may not be a rockstar, but I eat donuts. So there's that.

I'm enjoying a delicious treat at the Mudspot and feeling very grateful. I had an amazing visit with my friend Sara Rager over the weekend. The best kind of house guest will get you out of comfort zone to experience a part of the city you never thought of. I had an itinerary all typed out - lots of fun in every minute! But it was the surprising and hilarious idea of Sara's that became the highlight of the trip. We rented a tandem bike and rode from Venice beach to Santa Monica and back - laughing the whole way and soaking up the freakish sites of the beach community. I would NEVER have done this. I am the biggest wimp when it comes to anything physical and foreign to my body. But there we were cycling down the boardwalk like two huge goons having the time of our lives!


LA has proved to be a wonderful place to entertain guests! From my Mom, to Dad, to Sara - all have had a great time and we have managed to find just the right things for their specific tastes! This city is so versatile: Outdoor activities, museums, live music, great food, movie culture, fabulous shopping. I cannot say enough about it and think that if you have ever wanted to visit do not hesitate any longer! The stupid stereotype that LA is a smog invested traffic jam is old news and just plain boring. So there is some traffic. So when you stand at the top of Runyon Canyon you can see a gray haze circling the horizon. So what!?! The charm and beauty and fun and personality of each part of this city win you over in the end. And throughout your experience, you're gonna spot a few celebrities along the way. What could be more retarded and fun than that?

We invaded the new Madame Tussauds on Hollywood Blvd. The most tourist event of the visit. Ridiculousness ensued!





Rager as Paula.

Tiger checks me out.




Rager and I drank lattes and ate salads at a place called The Urth Cafe on Melrose in West Hollywood. This place is hilarious. Very healthy, all organic, most delicious latte I've ever had. Tables outside and loads of beautiful bohemian looking people 'doing lunch' and watching each other. It's really funny. We spotted the hot husband from Love Actually. This guy:


Last night we enjoyed a scrumptious Italian meal at Piazza in The Grove and sat by a very eccentric, red-eyed celebrity who wanted to talk with everyone in the restaurant. He listened and commented on every word we said, borrowed some aspirin from the table on the other side, and snuggled with his 'lady friend', who I believe was a hooker. He was regaling stories of being on Rosie O'Donnell n such, but for the love of God, we could not figure out who this guy was! I googled "scruffy, red-eyed celebrity on Rosie O'Donnell" and got...the most random ass stories in the world. I did an image search and got a photo of a young Kevin Bacon.

Nope!

Basically he will remain the mystery, obnoxious quasi-celeb who we can't pinpoint who has dinner with a hooker who carries a Lion stuffed animal baby-backpack.

He took this picture of us:


Needless to say, it was an entertaining evening.

This city is entertaining to say the least. 50% of the people who live here are entertainers. People are charismatic and pretty and funny and starving for attention. It can get old. But sometimes it's really funny and most of the times it just injects the air of LA with an excited and silly boost of energy. I have not experienced this kind of thing anywhere else. Maybe in New York, but I'm usually too pissed off about being dirty and sweaty and tired of walking when I'm there to really enjoy it. In LA, I feel relaxed happy about the sunshine and ready to mix it up!

There is a lot going on this week. I'm preparing for the show on Saturday, January 30th at Room 5! New songs will be revealed! Another old friend will be in town. It's going to be a blast.

Till then, here is a song I cannot stop listening to!

Enjoy your day. And remember, Celebs eat donuts too.

"This Must Be The Place" - Miles Fisher - cover of Talking Heads

(this video is based on the sick movie "American Psycho". Please disregard any vulgarity! )


Comments

Popular Posts