The art of practice, finding bandmates, and voting on posters!

Good morning little kitty,

It's a beautiful day for a cuppa joe and a blog, if I say so myself. I started off the day with a little inner silence, a little yoga, a little gratitude. And I have to tell you, that if you have not taken a moment this morning to say THANK YOU!!! you are missing out. It is probably the best way to wake up in the morning, and I really don't think you can have a 'bad hair day' if you are truly grateful when you wake.

I don't have as busy a day today. Yesterday was hectic with the carpet and the breaking guitar strings and compiling a bunch of stuff for my new guitar player friend, but it ended on a fabulous note. Jared is officially awesome and the perfect fit for my music! Finding someone to play music with can actually be very difficult. Musicians have a reputation for being happy go lucky, lazy, hard core partiers, improvisers, etc. But in reality they are all pretty snobby, tightly wound, hard working and really picky about the music they like and dislike. This makes a spontaneous jam session - or finding a band mate rather tricky. Jared and I started playing the first song last night, and I knew it was right! We just vibed musically and we laughed a lot. What more can you ask for a bandmate. So the point is - my show on the 24th at Room 5 in LA is going to kick freaking ass! We are already having fun re-working 'Ooh-la-la' and 'Sabrina' and some songs that have not had life on stage for me in a long long time. Jared incorporates a really effortless finger-picking, Americana type style that I absolutely LOVE. So get ready for awesome.

There were a few moments where both of us felt a little percussion or rhythm section would be amazing - a little bongo or some jazzy softy snare or a little tambo. I said I didn't know anyone and he didn't either. BUT I decided that if you ask, you receive. That's just how it goes. So universe - we would LOVE LOVE LOVE a crazy cool, chill percussion person who can lay down some eclectic and funky beats on my music for October 24, 2009. Thanks for sending him/her. I'll be on the look out.

So I currently have 3 posters in the works and I cannot decided between them. If you are reading this, please vote for me by leaving a comment with your # of choice at the bottom. I would love you forever and ever and maybe a day.

Poster #1


Poster #2


Poster #3


In other news, I am meeting with a pretty well known, heavy hitting producer and arranger on Friday who is intrigued by my music and wants to talk to me about the biz, etc. He sounds amazingly nice - his resume makes you want to die - and he is a good friend of my friend. He is currently involved with one of the most inspiring music projects I've seen in awhile, "Playing for Change," so I am very excited to get to know him and digest his nuggets of wisdom.

I started reading "The Autobiography of a Yogi" by Parahansa Yogananda. It is a little thick - but I am really vibing with the message. This is definitely a man who felt his true calling to serve God and went fearlessly towards his destiny. He is a beautiful person and is definitely a kindred to JC. I'm excited to learn more!

In closing for the day, I would just like to say that it takes practice. I mean the big IT. Life, love, work, the art of happiness, the art of gratitude, discipline, honesty, service, healthy living, etc. It just takes practice. I think that the sheer art of deciding to commit to a certain kind of life has changed my life. The commitment is made. It's done. I don't have to worry about the future anymore. Now it is my job to practice this lifestyle day to day - one day at a time - making choices that align with my values my mission and my love. I stumble. But I get back up and walk confidently in the direction I was headed, knowing that practice makes perfect - and I might never get there - but at least I'll know I tried my best and enjoyed the ride.

Here is your song and quote for the day, beautiful.

What a Difference a Day Makes - Dinah Washington (this video is dumb, but this song is amazing)

"Practice means to perform, over and over again in the face of all obstacles, some act of vision, of faith, of desire. Practice is a means of inviting the perfection desired." - Martha Graham

Comments

  1. #3 is IT! I love the many faces of Frannie. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My art friend HATES 3. Damn art people. But you know, you have to give the public what it wants! I love you girls. And thanks for voting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what it's worth, the reason I respond so much to #3 is that it looks like YOU. In the photo in the first two posters, you're making an expression I've never seen you make in real life...it just doesn't say "Frannie" to me. The photos in the third one really capture your true spirit and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...Lauren you are right! I agree with you. I have received some fabulous feedback - and I think I might be going back to square one with this, but now with the wonderful love and creativity of my friends to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the posters. The first two are great too--the expression is wonderful. It's a new life, don't let the old life slow you down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts