Me and Eeyore have a raincloud in common

Ok, I am Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.



I feel like there is a little black rain cloud over my head - stalking me!!!! For the past 24 hours, I have not been able to do ANYTHING right. parking ticket, banging head on things, dropping things, nothing works, every driver is out to get me, every morsel of food is determined to make me miserable, and nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna go eat worms!

I even did what I thought would SECURE the perfect day. I did my morning routine of meditation, prayer, etc. NOPE. not infallible, it turns out.

Sometimes we just have bad days. We become magnets for shit. Once we step in it - we track it around all day with us.

What are you going to do?

That's life. C'est la vie.

If it was perfect, it would be a lot less interesting.

So at least we can laugh. Because really - all these little annoyances are nothing. They don't prove anything about existence - they don't validate our worthlessness - they just are. We can't control them. We can control our response. I think humor is a much better choice than screaming at the Gods - but sometimes that's appropriate too.

Whatever we do in the moment - I have to remind myself that this moment will pass. There will come a second or a minute or a day in my life when every little sound and sight wont make me want to pull out a bazooka and do some damage. That moment will come soon.

This toooo shall pass!

Holy shit.

In the meantime, there are two things I am thankful for:

coffee

and

ok just one thing.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday."
Eeyore

Comments

Popular Posts