Say thanks

Good Morning blog readers,

How are you today? I hope you are well. I woke up feeling a little...groggy, a little resentful, a little lazy, not the way you want to approach your Monday. So I decided to do something a little different this morning. I am just going to stream of consciousness - write out a list of everything I am grateful for right now in this second. That is all I can think of doing. When we realize we are not content- all we are doing is not being grateful for what we have.

I am grateful for:

1. coffee in the morning
2. all the creamer being gone so I had to use eggnog instead
3. sunshine streaming through my window
4. being alive
5. morning music
6. my PJ shirt from Goodwill that says "Dance or Die"
7. being able to blog in my underwear
8. my niece - Eve - I heard her sweet voice yesterday
9. my mom
10. My bestie - who made me laugh last night on the phone
11. the phone
12. new friends who write songs
13. new friends who are funny and supportive
14. my couch
15. the feeling of washing your face at night
16. spirituals - singing songs to God (got to do this yesterday)
17. the computer
18. My brothers
19. my roomie who always listens
20. the soft blankey on my bed
21. creative inspiration
22. crying
23. books
24. classical music
25. my grandmothers - and how they smell/smelled
26. the HOLIDAYS
27. Christmas movies
28. gravy on stuffing
29. My Dad and My Sandie
30. family visiting for T-give
31. black nail polish
32. my guitar
33. Brandi Carlile and Feist
34. scarf weather - even in California
35. lips
36. the gym
37. second chances
38. hope!
39. yoga
40. the orange color on my living room walls
41. Bjork
42. red lipstick and big sunglasses
43. silence
44. taking chances
45. faith in something BIG

Alright, I already feel better. I feel as if I just sang "Raindrops on Roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings, these are a few of my favorite things!" It really does work. Thank you, Maria.

Love to you all. Have a great day - and if you ever start feeling grumpy - stop and take a second to realize how blessed you are!!!!!!!

Here's a little naked Alanis Morissette for you - #46 thing I'm grateful for
"Thank You" - Alanis Morissette

"Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world." - John Milton

Comments

Popular Posts