It is the day of the show, ya'll.

Alright folks.

The time for rock is now. I have my first show in LA this very fine evening! I've been looking forward to this now for over a month and I can't believe the day has come. The most important thing that needs to happen is some sort of surrender/control over my nerves. Sometimes I lose the feeling in my hands ( just a thought, but doesn't quite work when you're playing guitar or piano)! So I need to just let go and let God tonight! I am meant to sing - there is a reason that I have a gig tonight - and it is a blessing that I get to share my music with people. I'm so grateful for this gift and I'm so excited to play my music for peeps! It is FUN to sing for people. And tonight - if at least 25 people come - I will get paid to do it! Hell yes. I like that feeling. I like knowing that my art and my expression and my talent are worthwhile and that people might be willing to pay to hear me do what I love. Awesome.

The guitar is patched. Literally! A few wonderful people offered up their guitars to me - but the best advice I got from a guitar pro and good friend was - DUCT TAPE. I went out, got some hot pink duct tape, and patched my baby up. It may be a little bruised and cut up - but it still sounds good and we are ready to go for tonight! When I save a little money up, we will be able to get her the best treatment/surgery/sewing up job we can find. For tonight we are rocking a bandage - and it is pretty hardcore. I think it makes me look like I have a lot of street cred. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone I'm a newbie.

I have some very talented folks set up to record the night through photos and video - so hopefully in the near future I will be able to share some highlights from the show with you, my blog readers: aka Mom and Dad.

Anyway, I would like to give a shout out to everybody who is sending me love and support - who believes in me - or is planning to come tonight. It really means a lot to me and I can safely say that I would not have made it cross country and to this moment without you. This is just the beginning, but even if it was the last day I ever got to play/sing it would all have been worth it!

Lots of love!


"The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live." - Flora Whittemore

Comments

  1. Can't wait to see the pix and hear the audio. Congrats on a big night.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts