Having a special day!

Hello beauties,

I am off for my first glamorized day of beauty in the land of looks. My new friend Billy Kent, the open mic MC, is a trendy hair stylist guru at the Umberto Salon in Beverly Hills and he is giving me a sweet deal today for a hair cut and color. I couldn't be more psyched. Make me fabulous!!!!

Then I am off to see Crosby, Stills, and Nash in Santa Barbara with my special male friend. It is an outdoor concert and I can't wait to hear "Guinevere" under the open sky!! His friend is playing bass with the band, so it will add a little personal touch to the concert. I can't wait!

We are also going to an uber underground santa barbara mexican food secret that has been around for years and is a favorite to those in the rock scene. I am intrigued and hungry!

Yesterday was a bit of a blur, but I will tell you one thing. I totally killed one of my problem songs that I thought I would never figure out - it's good and moving and fun and piano driven and I'm glad I didn't give up on it. All it took was a little patience and a little playing, and the pieces started to fall together. It's so cool how a song can happen that way. Sometimes you have to surrender to the song and just feel it and see where IT wants to go, not where your ego wants to take it. I'm delighted!

Somepoint in the next month or so I'll make a few garageband recordings of some of the new stuff to share with ya'll. For now, if you're in the LA area, you will just have to wait until OCTOBER 24 at 8pm. Eff yes!

I might upload a blog photo of the new hair later, just for funskies. Until then, have a wonderful day. ooooohhhhh, and remind me to blog about the documentary on the women who played "Annie" on Broadway. It was crazy and mildly disturbing and made me happy that I got to play Annie in a little po-dunk community theater production in Northampton, MA. It was awesome, and I have no residual baggage!

Ok, folks. Your moment:


"The hair is real - it's the head that's a fake" - Steve Allen



Comments

Popular Posts