Ukulele playing and adventure planning.

Morning music lovers,

How are ya'll? I am doing well this morning. I'm hanging out with my buddy, Bernie, and he's teaching me how to play the Ukulele which is a delightful little ditty making instrument. It's very fun and cute and we made fun of the Hawaiian "Somewhere over the rainbow", of course, and made up other little songs. I like simple and sweet and that is what this instrument is. It is a vintage 1954. It's beautiful and sounds like love.


I'm writing a lot lately. Not necessarily hits - but just writing prose and hoping that somehow they are going to weave together to create amazing songs. I think it's a good exercise anyway to just write and write everyday. I've also been working on some other older songs (as in a few weeks old) trying to get them ready for the October gig. One of them is turning into a huge pop ballad. It's insane. I don't know where it came from, but it's one of the songs that came to me on the drive out here. Did I mention I love what I'm doing? Just checking. I've also been singing a ton every day and can feel a huge difference in my voice already. It's like I never used breath before or something. My sound is much more effortless and healthy. Hallelujah! Thank you Suzanne!

I went and heard some live music last night - Bernie and his talented friend Maureen - then off tonight to see an old Boston band I used to be into called -Bleu. He has been out here for about 3 years now and is doing really well. I'm excited to hear what he's been up to musically and hopefully get to chat with him a little bit too. There is so much music happening out here! It's fun and funky and right up my alley.

I'm also planning my journey into the wilderness this weekend. I'm considering Sequoia National Park - to go sit under the hugeness of the huge trees. The largest living thing on the planet - The General Sherman Tree.
I don't know why, but for some reason I feel like I'm going to see God when I see it. There is something about being in breathtakingly beautiful nature spots for me. My mind stops my heart stops and my soul just grows and grows. I feel so lucky to be living around so many things that do that to me - the pacific, the desert, the red rocks, the big trees, the mountains. Hell yes. California has it all. I'll keep you posted on this weekend's nature adventure.

And now your moment of Zen:

"Tall Trees in Georgia" - Eva Cassidy

"The grand essentials of happines are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for." - Allan K. Chalmers

Comments

Popular Posts