Chariots of Fire is a great way to get going.

Hello Kitty!

How are you, my sweet? I am doing just dandy today. I started the day off right - hilariously! I woke up a little late, dragged myself out of bed and spread out my yoga mat. I thought it might be fun to have a little music with my morning routine - so I searched through the box of vinyl and found the soundtrack to "Chariots of Fire." Don't ask me why I own this. I remember loving the music AND the movie as a kid and watching it with my Dad often. So I turn on the record. For those of you who don't know the music, listen to this and then imagine doing yoga to it. I feel like I can take over the world now! My favorite quote from this movie will be included below.

The other funny part about this, is I was listening to it - going - 'what's with all the synth???' It is the most 80s awesome electronic soundtrack moment ever. I remembered it being a huge symphonic moment - but I was wrong - it's basically a few guys at some keyboards being awesome. Read more about it here - who knew?

I have a lot to do today. Writing and singing wise. I just really need to kick it into high gear as far as preparing for my show goes. The new song is not completed and I need to get it into Jareds talented hands by Tuesday, so there you go. There are actually about a billion things I could be doing and they are all swimming around in my head, so maybe I need to do some 'listing.' It's a little out of control right now.

Yesterday was great! I played a lot of baritone ukulele with Bernie and also got to record a demo for one of his fabulous songs. He is a very talented songwriter/producer/guitar player/artist, etc. It is really good and I tried and tried to upload a video that had the song playing, but the damn thing wouldn't work. So tough!

Last night I also went out to Hotel Cafe to check out Bleu. He was great, as usual. He always uses some crazy pedal recording thing where he sings a line of harmony live, records it, then does the next one and they play at the same time - then he loops it. It's really creative and fun to watch. I'm not sure if he remembered me - but more importantly I ran into my old friend from the open mic, Billy Kent! He runs the shows over there and we had a ball talking and getting to know each other. He is a great musician too and I think he is going to be a friend. He also does fabulous hair and offered to sex up my 'doo' for an amazing friend discount! I love LA.

He called me 'an original.' That made me feel good. I'm such a sucker for 'you're special'-type compliments. Seriously if there is ever a day where my ego does not need some sort of boosting, I think I will jump up in the air out of pure joy!, it feels pathetic sometimes! Right? I know you're with me on this one. Why no matter how good we feel - or how active we are - or how appreciated we are - do we most often need or love some sort of verbal verification that we are good- that we are excellent - that what we are doing is worthwhile. Sometimes it makes me feel needy. Like I'm wandering about the planet hoping someone will say 'Good job, wandering!' just so I can feel secure taking the next step. I am seriously trying to cultivate this assurance from within - from the source - and more often than not, it works. When you sit down and breathe and feel the presence of love within - a voice is saying 'Good job breathing' in a meaningful - v. deep kind of way.

But good God, I'm a born performer. I'm always going to be a sucker for applause and praise. It's ridiculous! But it just 'is.' And I can accept that for today. So people, I will not reject your compliments. I will breathe them in! And I'm not going to lie, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of them.

Now as far as the criticisms go...that's a whole other ego blog that we will save for another day! Sheesh!

Alright, my loves. I need to get crackin. I am off to a Rosh Hashanah celebration this evening, which reminds me - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Your song and quote:

"I wanna be loved by you" - Marilyn Monroe (PS, check out how HOT she is in that dress!)

"I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel His pleasure. " - Chariots of Fire

Comments

Popular Posts