Saturday is good for cleaning and resting and drinking coffee.

Morning Kitty,

I'm sitting on my couch anticipating a video ichat with my brother, Seth, and my beautiful 2 yr old niece, Eve, so I cannot write much this morning. Only wanted to say how grateful I am to live in an age where I can live on the West Coast, far far away from my loved ones, and still somehow see them, and talk to them, and share my life with them in the moment. How lovely! Maybe we are all becoming a little softer in this era. Life isn't as hard when you have love at your fingertips. I can literally type for a few seconds and speak to my brother face to face on a screen. Thank you GOD!

My Mom, Dolly the wonderdog, my niece Eve, and I - right before I jumped in the car on the big trek out west!

Just as an update, I saw the movie "Inglourious Basterds" yesterday and sincerely recommend it to anyone who has ever internalized the tragedy of the Holocaust. I was one of those kids who was obsessed. I read every book I could, I imagined that Anne Frank and I were best friends in another life, I cried and cried. As I got older, I decided I didn't need to see HOlocaust movies anymore or read about it, I had cried my last tear over it. Well, last night I got to see the ultimate revenge fantasy played out before my eyes. The Nazis finally get what they had coming to them in a funny and also very bloody and genius film by Quintin Tarentino. If you are like me and get nightmares from scary or gory movies, just hide your eyes at certain points. It is worth it!!!!!! Down with those damn Nazis!! haha.

Also, I had an amazing voice lesson yesterday with Suzanne Kiechle! I am in love with my teacher. I have never sang better than I am right now. I am learning how to master my instrument and it is sooooo exciting! I figured out what I am singing at each open mic.

Monday at Genghis Cohen: "Break my Heart" and "Forget September"
Tuesday at the Gardenia: "Blue" by Joni Mitchell and "The Boy Next Door" from Meet me in St. Louis.

It's going to be great!!!!!! I hope anyone on the area will come check it out.

The plan for today is to video chat, clean, do some laundry, and maybe walk down to the Grove and see the new film, "Taking Woodstock." You know I can't wait!!!! I've decided unless I just want to play around a little, Saurday can be a day when I take a little rest from the hustle. We all need a Sabboth, right??

Hope you are all having a great weekend so far!

Here is my daily dose of song and word:


"God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny." - Garrison Keillor


Comments

  1. Fran, if you can, I'd love to see (or hear) your open mic performances. Most cameras can take short video clips and you can upload them straight to youtube. It might help you to track your progress too.

    Bjork rocks! That is one of my favorite albums. Her music is misunderstood and underrated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts