It's the Rage of Britney, Bitch. And I'm here for it.

If I'm not too careful, I can tap into a deep well of dark rage --- pretty much at any minute of a mundane day. 
For about a billion reasons. 
But I hear Britney speak her truth and it pulls at the back of my ribs. 
It burns so deeply in  the pit of my swollen belly that I want to scream
and shave my head with her and raccoon my eyes
the guttural
true voice
of the MOTHER
bravely speaking
for the first time. 
It's like years of the abused, MAIDEN, feminine calling out to all of us. 
Those on the precipice of that middle time in life -- that motherhood time
Rise up!

Claim your authority!

Look Crazy. 
They will call you hysterical. 
They will call you addict. 
They will call you depressed. 
They will call you a child. 
They will call you high maintenance. 
You will be the butt of your friends' jokes. 

Do it ANYWAY. 

They will drug you. 
Call you Unfit. 
Troubled. 
They will say that you should just. 

Be.

QUIET!

That is what would be best for everyone. ✌
 
They will say you aren't fit to manage the money you made. 
They own you.
 .
 .
 .
 .
They thought. 

13 years under conservatorship.

13 Year. 

Britney's voice is the sound of GODDESS crying out from the depths of the earth. 

NO FUCKING MORE. 



I own my body. 

I own my BELLY. 

Britney OWNS HER BODY. 

Do we need to read that again? 

Britney Fucking Spears owns her own body. 

That is NOT something she earned, believe it or not. 

For a woman it IS and should be a RIGHT. 

To own your body. 

Why do we still have to fight for this right? 

Even the MOST FAMOUS OF US?

Britney is EXACTLY my age. Born in 1981. 

We even sort of look similar. (So wishes every woman on the planet)

We both have children. 

We are both MOTHER FUCKING WOMEN. 

IF YOU ARE NOT ENRAGED? 

WHY?

Because she's white? And rich? Let's talk about that. 

I'm that too. And I get it. 

boo-fucking hoo. 

AND ALSO. 

Britney Spears is a goddess. 

and more importantly a human fucking being. 

Britney, I love you. 

You are not alone. 

You are A MIGHTY FORCE!

Even if they lock you up again. 

And again. 

We have got your back. 

We are as angry as you are. 

We all deserve to be free. 

And we carry hundreds and thousands of stories like yours with us. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 




Guys, I get the irony. I am a white, rich, privileged, blond girl with arrested development and depression like Brit. Of course I'm enraged about this, and not blogging about something more important. Honestly, I can never talk about any experience with authority but my own. And I understand a lot of this rage. 

AND the truth is. Female Sterilization, forced abortions, forced contraception, forced sex, forced pregnancies Are STILL JUST LEGIT EVERY DAY LIFE FOR MOST BLACK AND BROWN PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. 

"It wasn’t until 2014 that California formally banned the sterilization of female inmates without consent."


Who's in jail, folks? 

This tree is rotted from the roots up. 

IF that doesn't absolutely enrage you??? 

THIS IS WHY a suuuuuuuper white, FAMOUS AS HELL, privileged, rich as hell, white 
AMERICAN
woman can still be treated like property. 
She legally has no say. 
About her own body. 

.........................

OK, I'VE RANTED ENOUGH. 



Comments

Popular Posts